July 9, 2007

"In a lot of ways, creating a website is like having a baby."

I've spent the past few weeks pacing back and forth in my living room. Partially from excitement, partially from worry. The reason for these emotions is - thus far - the pride and joy of my life. My child. This blog.

Because, in a lot of ways, creating a website is like having a baby.

For most of my life I've wanted one. I know a few friends who have more than one. I've heard the stories of how much of a blessing - and curse - they can be. I have decided it's the right time of my life, I'm ready to have one of my own.

The first few days are full of excitement and planning. I looked around online on what to expect, and even searched around Google for possible names. I read up on what types of things it would need to be healthy and strong. I wanted to be prepared to put as much time and money into it as possible, to make it grow. In all honesty, I originally had the hopes that someday it will be able to make money for me. I understand that by having one I need to be responsible for it's well being, I need to be ready to support it while it grows.

After a lot of planning and pacing, the day has finally arrived. My baby - this blog - is now a part of this world. Even with it's first few moments of life, I've realized that it is going to require a lot of love and attention. I will lose countless hours of sleep at night worrying about it. And, above all, it will stink from time to time.

I think the best way a website is like a baby is that, it is a blessing that you and I get to watch grow overtime. Hopefully, someday, it will be able to stand up and change the world.

So, without putting it off any further, say hello to Internet Hunger.

No comments: